The Bounty Hunter® Lone Star™ Metal Detector was designed for a variety of applications including coin shooting, relic hunting, and general purpose detecting. The entire line of Bounty Hunter® metal detectors operate on two 9-Volt batteries and are designed to be lightweight and ergonomic for easy handling and comfortable use. Their standard motion all-metal mode detects all types of metal, while the progressive discrimination control eliminates iron and other unwanted items.
As the metal detecting coil nears a target, the Lone Star™ three-tone audio feedback aids in distinguishing between valuables and undesirable metals. This model also comes equipped with a ÃÂÃÂ¼” headphone jack compatible with most headphones for privacy while treasure hunting. In addition, Bounty Hunter® equips all their metal detectors with a preset ground balance that neutralizes the response to mineral content in the ground.
The Bounty Hunter® Lone Star™ Metal Detector Features:
• LCD Display with Five-Segment Digital Target Identification: Identify buried target with ease
• Three-Tone Audio Feedback: Audible tool for accurate target identification
• Sensitivity Control: Reduces electromagnetic interference
• Disc/Notch Control: Eliminates unwanted metals from detection
• ¼” Headphone Jack: For increased privacy, sensitivity to tones, and battery life
• Lightweight, Ergonomic Design: Provides ease-of-use and comfort for hours of productive detecting
Target Mode Touchpad Features:
• Motion All-Metal Mode: Single-tone detects all types of metal
• Discrimination Mode: With Disc/Notch Control, completely eliminates iron and unwanted metals from detection
• Auto Notch: Automatically eliminate most pull-tabs and trash items
Search Coil Features:
• 8″ Open: Allows greater depth detection and easier pinpointing
• Waterproof: Coil and stem can be submerged to detect in damp grass or shallow water
• Interchangeable: Available for specialized search applications
More InformationRequires Two 9-Volt BatteriesThe Bounty Hunter® Lone Star™ Metal Detector Specifications:
• Depth Detection: 8″ for coin-size objects; 3′ for large objects
• Operates on Two 9-Volt Alkaline Batteries (not included)
• Low Battery Indicator
• Visual Target System: LCD Display
• Preset Ground Balance: Neutralizes the response to ground mineral content
• Modes of Operation: Motion all-metal and progressive discrimination
• Audio Feedback: Internal speaker or headphones (not included)
• ¼” Headphone Jack: Compatible with most headphones
• Coil System: 8″ Open Waterproof
• Lightweight: 3.5 lbs.
• Ergonomic: Adjustable height, padded armrest, S-rod handle system, detector stand
Coin shooting, relic, jewelry, and cache hunting, locating lost property markers or household itemsShipping Dimensions28.3″x6″x10ManualBounty Hunter Lone Star Owners ManualWarrantyFive-Year Limited Warranty
Five-Year Limited Warranty
Most children, at one point or another, embark on a treasure hunt. They dig in the sand at the beach, or in the flower boxes at home, hoping to find a pirate’s booty, an Egyptian King’s tomb, or a lost toy. As children grow, the meaning of treasure evolves from mythical wooden chests stuffed with gold into more commonplace articles, but the hunt maintains that sense of adventure. For those who covet treasures of the metal variety, Bounty Hunter offers their Lone Star metal detector. Those individuals who prize Mother Earth also benefit from the detector, redirecting littered cans to the recycling bin.
The detector scans using a waterproof 8-inch coil on an ergonomic S-rod. Moving the coil levelly over the ground or water, the unit detects small items up to 8 inches below and larger items up to 3 feet under. Three different operation modes further assist the bounty hunter. For indiscriminate prospecting, press the “all metal” button on the detector’s touch pad, while selecting “auto notch” eliminates most pull-tabs and trash items from detection. The “discriminate notch” method eradicates iron and trash and allows the user to manually adjust the DISC/NOTCH knob to rule out other metals. The detector deciphers a target’s metal composition both visually on the LCD screen, and audibly with a tone through the built-in speakers. A low tone indicates nails, bottle caps, gold or nickel while a medium tone suggests pull-tabs, zinc, and post-1982 pennies. High tones denote copper, silver, brass, and pre-1982 pennies. A headphone jack is installed. Headphones must be purchased separately, as must the two 9-volt alkaline batteries that power the detector. This item is covered under a five-year warranty. The USA-made detector measures 28.7 by 10.5 by 6.7 inches upon shipping and weighs 4.6 pounds. –Jessica Reuling